Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved $70 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Mesa is your goal, then knowing the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Mesa is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Arizona. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap car insurance in Mesa, AZ, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, architects, and dentists have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers like scientists, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Credit score impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid by improving your credit score. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse translates into being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
More performance means higher costs – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Urban areas may pay more – Living in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents.
Eliminate incidental coverages – There are many extra coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Mesa auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a Mesa auto insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, early bird, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, driver training, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, ease of repair, good driver, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, early shopping, distant student, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Mesa. To view insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Mesa auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Mesa.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Mesa who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Mesa willing to provide comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Upon getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can always cancel your coverage at any time so never assume you are locked into a specific agent with no way to switch.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Cheap insurance rates are available
Cheaper insurance in Mesa can be bought online and with local Mesa insurance agents, so get free Mesa auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for the cheapest Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid rate quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about insurance is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)