Perplexed by the wide range of insurance companies that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. There are so many choices that it can easily become a big hassle to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Mesa is the perfect city to reside in, but pricey insurance can make it hard for many drivers to pay other bills every month.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Arizona insurance shoppers can cut their rates by 50% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Although Arizona car owners must learn the methods companies use to sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering low-cost Dodge Dakota price quotes in Mesa, AZ
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Dodge Dakota insurance analysis
The price information displayed below covers different rate quotes for Dodge Dakota models. Being more informed about how premiums are calculated can aid in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$128||$268||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$128||$268||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$146||$268||$360||$22||$108||$904||$75|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$268||$360||$22||$108||$904||$75|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$316||$360||$22||$108||$952||$79|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$316||$360||$22||$108||$952||$79|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$166||$316||$360||$22||$108||$972||$81|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$166||$316||$288||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$166||$316||$288||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$166||$316||$288||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$316||$288||$18||$86||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence insurance rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Dodge Dakota insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can increase Dodge Dakota car insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Dakota insurance in Mesa?
Some companies do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Mesa and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Dakota insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new Dakota can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, anti-theft, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, air bags, military active duty, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, driver training, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, student driver, and teen driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, air bags, TimeAway discount, early bird, good driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, and good student.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view companies who offer free Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Mesa, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Mesa auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Mesa that provide free Mesa car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below are agents in Mesa that may be willing to give rate quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance in Mesa.
- Donna Kohlhase – State Farm Insurance Agent
6836 E Brown Rd #101 – Mesa, AZ 85207 – (480) 396-2140 – View Map
- Bruce Hoerner – State Farm Insurance Agent
1731 W Baseline Rd #106 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 839-5033 – View Map
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angela Williams Agency, Mesa, AZ
9221 E Baseline Rd Ste A106 – Mesa, AZ 85209 – (480) 354-6300 – View Map
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my Dodge Dakota covered for flood damage?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- How high should deductibles be on a Dodge Dakota?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Dakota resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Dakota to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Dakota.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like dental work, nursing services, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, attorney fees and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Quote more to save more
Cost effective Dodge Dakota insurance is definitely available both online and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to buy discount Dodge Dakota insurance in Mesa
The recommended way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Mesa.
First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)