Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on Buick Regal insurance in Mesa is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell insurance in Mesa. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and find missing discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Mesa. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Getting quotes for affordable insurance coverage in Mesa is simple if you know the tricks. Virtually every driver who is required by state law to have insurance will find a cheaper policy. But Arizona car owners must know the way insurance companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
Cheap companies for Buick Regal insurance in Arizona
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Mesa, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Age of drivers – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher.
Higher prices for tough occupations – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as military generals, business owners, and miners generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as professors, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
A policy lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are many additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your Regal policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Credit rating impacts premiums – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Buick Regal if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Loss probability for a Buick Regal – Insurers study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Buick Regal insurance in Mesa
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Free – Mesa drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Regal can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, theft prevention, homeowners, 55 and older, student driver, early bird, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, air bag, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you need low cost Mesa auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Mesa. To locate insurance companies who offer online Buick Regal insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Mesa insurance agencies?
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Mesa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Mesa who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are agents in Mesa that are able to give price quotes for Buick Regal insurance in Mesa.
- Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
- State Farm : Mike Wilson
1046 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 926-0388 – View Map
- Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 634-7039 – View Map
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Mesa?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you get good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that can be relied on to service your policy. Keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
A little work can save a LOT of money
A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. The cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Mesa can be sourced on the web in addition to many Mesa insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be found at these links:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)