If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Mesa.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to prevent high prices and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Transit Connect coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who compare other prices are likely to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Liability insurance claims can be big – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Vehicle risk impacts rates – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Ford Transit Connect rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
- Bad credit will cost you – Your credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Transit Connect if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Companies want multiple policies – Lots of insurance companies allow better rates to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Consider raising deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Insurance analysis for a Ford Transit Connect
The rate table displayed below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance premiums are established can help you make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$96||$204||$282||$16||$84||$682||$57|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$96||$204||$282||$16||$84||$682||$57|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Mesa which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Transit Connect liability-only versus full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Transit Connect auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Transit Connect settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Score discounts to get cheaper Mesa car insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Mesa car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Transit Connect insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Mesa car insurance quotes online.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
The information below compares Ford Transit Connect car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may include these benefits are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When getting free Mesa car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in your state.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Discount Ford Transit Connect insurance in Mesa can be bought on the web and with local Mesa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Ford Transit Connect insurance auto insurance rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Mesa car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)