It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who rate shop once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable Toyota Prius insurance in Mesa is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time and make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Toyota Prius insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Mesa.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Prius coverage is available. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to the best ways to compare prices and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although Arizona consumers must learn how companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Best Toyota Prius insurance rates in Arizona
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. To find cheap car insurance in Mesa, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information displayed next highlights different insurance premium costs for Toyota Prius models. Being aware of how rates are determined can be of help when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Toyota Prius premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota Prius insurance in Mesa?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Mesa can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Prius can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The example below compares Toyota Prius insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies that have these discounts possibly include:
If you want inexpensive Mesa car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Arizona, click here.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the things companies use to determine your rates.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Toyota Prius has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most major insurers give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your car insurance policy shows annual mileage. Improper usage on your Prius is just wasting money.
- Extra policy coverages push up costs – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Pay lower costs if you’re married – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Tickets increase costs – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Even a single citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Toyota Prius insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Loss statistics for a Toyota Prius – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Toyota Prius vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Toyota Prius Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius C Hybrid 113 100 87 120 121 113 Toyota Prius Hybrid 101 97 98 103 118 103 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 98 89 87 106 114 93 Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Mesa insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Mesa.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Mesa that can provide free Mesa car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Mesa independent insurance agents that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- Kohlhase Insurance
6550 E Main St – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 832-8370 – View Map
- Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Mesa willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Kevin Shelton
2651 W Guadalupe Rd #102 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 718-9498 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – David Hovde
157 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 966-6209 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Lawlor
4710 E Falcon Dr Ste 111 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 807-0675 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Mesa will have answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Mesa auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Arizona. The company rank data displayed below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Quote often and quote early
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Toyota Prius insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Mesa, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)