Pretty sure you bought high-priced Pontiac GTO insurance in Mesa? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop around once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved on average $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for Pontiac GTO insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time, money, and frustration. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to find a good deal for Pontiac GTO insurance in Mesa.
Locating the best rates in Mesa is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. You only need to know the best way to get comparison quotes from multiple carriers.
Pontiac GTO insurance quotes comparison
Finding a lower price on insurance is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes to compare rates from online providers.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to and from local Mesa insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Arizona. To find cheap car insurance in Mesa, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Pontiac GTO Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies will award a discount for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Policy lapses raise rates – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona DMV.
- Being married can lower premiums – Being married may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Accidents inflate prices – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single citation may increase your cost substantially. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated GTO may be costing you higher rates.
- Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both get in accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac GTO has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Arizona auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Mesa. The rank data below may help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies