The easiest way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Mesa. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more ideas to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Mesa. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,600, Arizona drivers could save as much as $730 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
Best Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rate quotes in Arizona
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. To get cheaper car insurance in Mesa, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Resident Student – Children living away from Mesa attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to study where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A few companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chevrolet TrailBlazer rate quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Mesa. To locate companies with discount rates in Mesa, click this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Are insurance agents of importance?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Mesa who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Cover all your bases
Cost effective Chevy TrailBlazer insurance can be found both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about insurance in Arizona can be read on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)