Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in America could save 46.5% a year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget Volkswagen R32 insurance in Mesa is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more ideas to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Save money with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so below is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Data Collection Discounts – Mesa drivers who agree to allow their company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current R32 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To locate insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Mesa, click here.
Most companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices for coverage direct online. Comparing Volkswagen R32 insurance rates online is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Mesa simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to perform this step in order to find the best rate.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arizona. To find cheap car insurance in Mesa, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Volkswagen R32 Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates. Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rate level.
Too many claims will drive auto insurance rates up – If you file a lot of claims you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Arizona generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
How much liability coverage do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
High premiums for younger drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Buying car insurance from Mesa insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Mesa for you
If you’re trying to find a local Mesa insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Mesa that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Mike Stapley
4850 E Baseline Rd Ste 101 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 503-4400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Kevin Shelton
2651 W Guadalupe Rd #102 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (480) 718-9498 – View Map
- Thomas Cho – State Farm Insurance Agent
2500 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 777-1100 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Mesa who can help you get price quote information.
- Jayson Hoffer Insurance Agency
1930 South Alma School Road A101 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 948-6115 – View Map
- Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
- Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen R32 in Mesa, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your R32 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How much can you save?
The cheapest Volkswagen R32 insurance in Mesa can be bought on the web and with local Mesa insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)