We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Mesa is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
The best way to find lower priced Pontiac G6 insurance in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from providers that insure vehicles in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Mesa is not rocket science. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Arizona drivers must understand the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Best companies for Pontiac G6 insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Mesa, AZ, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Pontiac G6 insurance coverage information
The coverage information shown below outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are figured helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$402||$338||$20||$102||$1,062||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Mesa which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Pontiac G6 insurance rates for each different age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Pontiac G6 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Pontiac G6 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Pontiac G6 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Pontiac G6 Insurance Premiums?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these variables: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Pontiac G6 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Car insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Your credit score is important – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac G6 by improving your rating.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your G6 can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most major insurance companies afford better rates to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Cheaper rates on Pontiac G6 insurance in Mesa with these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current G6 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Mesa car insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Having all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower auto insurance rates.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Pontiac G6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, good student, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for early quote, save driver, new car, multi-car, IntelliDrive, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, bundle discounts, safe driver, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Pontiac G6 insurance quotes in Arizona, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Mesa that can provide free Mesa car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What companies can they write with?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Mesa willing to provide rate quotes.
Cie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2801 E McKellips Rd – Mesa, AZ 85213 – (480) 830-1513 – View Map
Phil Borgia – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 N Greenfield Rd #1 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 981-8681 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Brent D. Henningson
5540 E Broadway Rd Ste 6 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 830-0046 – View Map
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Mesa independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Isakson Ins Agency Inc
1819 E Southern Ave, Ste E20 – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 888-0318 – View Map
Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave – Mesa, AZ 85204 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
Wong Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance Agency of Mesa
66 S Dobson Rd # 131 – Mesa, AZ 85202 – (602) 758-1672 – View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
The cheapest Pontiac G6 insurance in Mesa is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Mesa car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Pontiac G6 insurance in Mesa. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Mesa car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)