It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Hummer H2 insurance is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Mesa. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Shopping for affordable protection in Mesa is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Car insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in Arizona
The following companies provide price quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Mesa, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can cut Hummer H2 insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current H2 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Mesa auto insurance quotes online.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including farm vehicle, senior citizen, passive restraint, safe driver, and new car.
- Nationwide offers discounts for family plan, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Hummer H2 Insurance
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
Shown below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your H2 may be wasting your money.
Raise coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Hummer. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
Use credit responsibly and save – Credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hummer H2 by improving your rating.
Local Mesa insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If they are an independent agency in Mesa, which companies do they recommend?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Mesa are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Mesa that are able to give price quote information.
- Phil Borgia – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 N Greenfield Rd #1 – Mesa, AZ 85205 – (480) 981-8681 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – David Hovde
157 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 966-6209 – View Map
- Vandy Ford – State Farm Insurance Agent
6938 E Parkway Norte #2 – Mesa, AZ 85212 – (480) 497-3933 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below are Mesa independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Ayala Insurance Service, LLC
830 W Southern Ave #10 – Mesa, AZ 85210 – (480) 844-1555 – View Map
- Canyon Lands Insurance
3654 N Power Rd # 146 – Mesa, AZ 85215 – (480) 288-5900 – View Map
- INW Insurance Group
4545 E Southern Ave #106 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 626-0797 – View Map
Auto insurance savings summarized
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
Cheap Hummer H2 insurance in Mesa is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Mesa, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, poor customer service and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Additional learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)