A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Mesa drivers can save approximately 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
The best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Mesa is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Affordable Chevy Tracker insurance quotes in Mesa
Some providers do not list all discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Tracker insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Mesa Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include age of vehicle, good driver, annual mileage, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, early bird, good student, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- Allstate offers discounts including farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, economy car, utility vehicle, and passive restraint.
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Mesa. To choose insurers with significant discounts in Mesa, follow this link.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so you also need to get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Mesa, AZ. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Mesa, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my Chevy Tracker covered for flood damage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Mesa who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Mesa who may provide you with price quote information.
Jim Shepard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 E University Dr – Mesa, AZ 85203 – (480) 964-8173 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent agents in Mesa willing to provide price quote information.
If you feel you receive positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Arizona auto insurance companies
Choosing a highly-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Arizona. The rank data below can help you analyze which companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Chevy Tracker insurance rates online in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cost effective Chevy Tracker insurance can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When getting Mesa auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More information is located at these links:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Mesa Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Mesa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)