We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Mesa is your objective, then learning a little about the best way to compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Mesa is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to understand how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and find missing discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Locating the best rates in Mesa is really quite easy. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies determine premium rates.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Arizona. To get cheap car insurance in Mesa, AZ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus NX 200t in Mesa, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus NX 200t has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Mesa Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Keep policy claims to a minimum – Companies in Arizona give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Insurance costs and driver gender – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Lower rates by being persistent
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned many ideas to compare Lexus NX 200t insurance premium rates in Mesa. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Mesa car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)