Wish you could get out of high-priced Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Mesa just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Arizona drivers can cut their rates by 50% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that sell auto insurance in Mesa. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more details to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to price shop coverage every six months because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to find great coverage at a great price.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa is to know auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how much coverage you want, if you have an active license, if it has an alarm system, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you receive quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Ford Explorer Sport Trac now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts on Mesa auto insurance
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Mesa auto insurance quote.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of companies who offer cheap Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes in Mesa in Arizona, click here to view.
The rate information below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are figured can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$108||$198||$314||$18||$94||$732||$61|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$124||$198||$314||$18||$94||$748||$62|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$124||$198||$314||$18||$94||$748||$62|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$138||$240||$314||$18||$94||$804||$67|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$138||$240||$314||$18||$94||$804||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Mesa which can impact rates greatly.
Reckless driving habits raise Mesa car insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Explorer Sport Trac replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Mesa who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Mesa?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How Insurance Providers Calculate Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets – Liability coverage is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your address can impact rates – Having an address in a rural area may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Less people means less chance of accidents.
Younger vs. mature drivers – Teenage drivers in Arizona are proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Explorer Sport Trac is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Mesa Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Ford Explorer Sport Trac has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheap Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Mesa
The best way we recommend to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Arizona.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Find a Mesa insurance agent
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional information is available below:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Mesa Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Mesa Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)