Do you get exhausted from wondering where the money will come from to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other Arizona consumers.
It’s hard to believe, but most drivers in Arizona kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa
The best way to get the cheapest Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Arizona.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because auto insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Locating the best rates in Mesa is actually quite simple. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare company rates online.
Get lower-cost rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Mesa auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The chart below compares Ford Fusion Hybrid auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-theft, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, accident-free, ease of repair, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, defensive driver, student driver, theft prevention, driver training, and 55 and older.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including premier plus, farm vehicle, premier discount, good payer, senior citizen, resident student, and utility vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Mesa. To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Mesa, click here.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa is very simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to do this if you are searching for cheaper insurance pricing.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Analysis of Ford Fusion Hybrid rates
The premium information below outlines estimates of policy rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are formulated is important for making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$392||$386||$22||$116||$1,110||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Mesa location which can lower or raise insurance rates greatly.
Raise deductibles and save
When buying auto insurance, a common question is what deductibles to buy. The comparisons below may help you to understand the differences in price when you select higher and lower deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second pricing table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$632||$374||$22||$112||$1,457||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$334||$374||$22||$112||$1,004||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Mesa garaging location which can revise coverage prices considerably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs roughly $37 more each month or $444 annually than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average at least 24 months between claims, you would probably be better off if you decide on a higher deductible.
Drive safe and save
The chart below illustrates how violations and accidents can influence Ford Fusion Hybrid car insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below compares Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion Hybrid replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- High credit means lower costs – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your Ford Fusion Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score.
High performance equals high prices – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below assumes a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- High deductibles reduce costs – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Women tend to be lower risk – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Lower population means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- What are good liability protection limits? – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Fusion Hybrid – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the loss history for Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Hybrid Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is the minimum liability in Arizona?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Mesa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Mesa can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get several quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Mesa that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Mesa that can give you price quote information.
Marge Black-Graziano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1155 S Power Rd #106 – Mesa, AZ 85206 – (480) 832-5355 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long have they been in business?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- When do they do a full risk review?
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fusion Hybrid in Mesa, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Fusion Hybrid, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
You just learned a lot of ways to save on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Mesa auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheap Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
How to buy discount Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Mesa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Mesa is to compare prices once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a poor credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)