Remarkably, a study showed that most Arizona auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. American drivers could save almost 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates.
To save the most money, the best way to save on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Mesa is to annually compare prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Arizona.
First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
If you have a current insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Mesa is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Arizona. To locate the best car insurance in Mesa, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Mesa car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Mesa auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Mesa auto insurance with certain companies.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Crossfire insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, multi-car, switch companies, business and professional, and early shopping.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, membership and employees, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, emergency road assistance, online shopper, renters, multi-policy, good driver, and homeowner.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area. To find insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
Best car insurance in Arizona
Finding the top insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Arizona. The company information shown next could help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Insurance Cheaper
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce premiums – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers have been known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most larger insurance companies allow discounts for people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Stress out and pay more – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and dentists generally pay higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations like farmers, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have much more traffic and more severe claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.