The preferred way to get more affordable Chevy SS insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Mesa. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Mesa. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy SS insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Mesa is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the following tips. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners do need to understand how companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- No policy claims equals better premiums – Companies in Arizona generally give better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better premiums – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Chevy SS insurance loss data – Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower rates on Chevy SS insurance in Mesa
Some providers do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Mesa and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Mesa Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, seat belt use, federal employee, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, accident-free
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, 55 and older, teen driver, good student, automatic seat belts, early bird, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in Mesa. To locate insurers with the best discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Best car insurance in Arizona
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurer can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Mesa. The company rank data shown below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Mesa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Be persistent to save money
When searching for affordable Chevrolet SS insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Chevy SS insurance premium rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Mesa car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Mesa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)