Want to learn a better way to compare low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Mesa? Do you get exhausted from paying out the nose each month for auto insurance? You are no different than many other Arizona drivers.
Inconceivable but true, most consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in Arizona could save almost 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched.
Since you have so many options for buying lower-cost insurance for a Volkswagen e-Golf in Mesa, it is very difficult to find the most cost effective insurance company.
We hope to introduce you to how car insurance works. If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Although Arizona drivers do need to understand how companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
Lower Your Mesa Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Shown below are just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Only having one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Rates and job – Jobs like military generals, architects, and dentists usually pay the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen e-Golf has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Save money by staying claim free – Auto insurance companies in Arizona provide discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Mesa is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Mesa makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the most affordable car insurance rates.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Mesa, AZ, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Choosing the best e-Golf insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Mesa, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, driver training, and bundle.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, daytime running lights, membership and employees, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered in Mesa. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Mesa auto insurance agent
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Mesa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Best auto insurance agent in Mesa
If you want to use local Mesa agents, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Mesa are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Mesa that can give you free price quotes.
Diamond Insurance Agency
1933 W Main St # 5 – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 668-4944 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Mesa exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Pete Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 W Main St – Mesa, AZ 85201 – (480) 964-1766 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Upon getting reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheaper coverage is out there
Budget-conscious Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Mesa agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding better rates for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Mesa
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Mesa is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Arizona.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Mesa? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)